SoftChronizer is a very easy to use, fast and versatile double-file search program, that was designed for to help you to keep your private or corporate book, music or picture collection in order, as well as for other use cases.
SoftChronizer can search reliably for any type of duplicate files in a single hard drive directory (with subdirectories), or simultaneously in different folders on different drives. The program uses either the ultra-precise "Byte-by-Byte" search, or a very fast "Fuzzy-Logic" search option, which uses, among other features, -- for the first time in a duplicate file search program, -- the otherwise often used in biometric identification technologies "Levenshtein-Distance" algorithm (Vladimir Iossifowitsch Lewenstein, Russian mathematician, 1965) to detect duplicate filenames.
SoftChronizer displays MP3-ID3-Tags (displays the bit rate, i.e. a statement about the quality of the music, as well as the duration of a track in minutes and track- / album-name of a song), as well as for images, their size in pixels and their color-depth! - So if you see several duplicates, you quickly can decide which picture, or which MP3 file you want to keep, or not. - The selected files then can be permanently deleted in a swing, moved into the Microsoft Windows Recycle Bin, or just moved to the previously specified directory. SoftChronizer lets you decide in advance, file-by-file, which of these three actions with the file are to be conducted, or if the file shall stay untouched. Folders that are empty afterwards at the source place, can be automatically removed also in one step.
For each button, for each control, SoftChronizer shows you detailed help text in its status bar, at the bottom of each window. - So SoftChronizer is - even for beginners - beautifully simple to operate.
» version 188.8.131.520 - posted on 2010-03-14
new look, new controls, new features, several minor bug-fixes made, many important changes made
» version 1.0.7 - posted on 2010-01-21
1) More Accuracy Calculations.
2) High Stability.
EULA - End User License Agreement
"SoftChronizer" (c)2009-2010 GaCaS Software,
Gabriele and Carsten Stratz GbR
Waldental 11, 44143 Dortmund, Germany
eMail : firstname.lastname@example.org
License Agreement - SoftChronizer (Translation):
I. The Scope of the Contract
Subject of the contract is the computer program "SoftChronizer", hereinafter referred to as software.
Gabriele and Carsten Stratz GbR, GaCaS Software, indicate that it is not possible to create software that works perfectly in all applications and combinations. - Object of the contract is therefore a software, which is basically usable, referred to the program description.
II. License Grant
GaCaS Software provides to any interested user a nonexclusive, nontransferable and non-recurring TEST LICENSE to install the software on any single personal computer - be it a single computer or workstation on a network - for a trial period of 30 days.
1. The TEST LICENSE allows a limited test of all functions of the software. The nature of the restriction is different from version to version and from software to software.
2. After acquiring the 30-day trial license, the user must either buy a full license (registration), or the software must be removed from the respective personal computer.
3. a) Universities, colleges, general and vocational schools shall transmit a uniquely acquired "License School & University" on all its personal computers, personal computers where they are owned and operated by the licensee in the premises of the licensee.
b) Firms, companies or agencies may issue a one-acquired "Site License" or "Worldwide License" to transfer to all its personal computers, personal computers where they are owned and operated by the licensee in the premises of the licensee. - The "Site License" is limited to a single company, or a single authority in a single country. - The "Worldwide License" however, apply to a single, global company in all his business premises and on all personal computers which are the property of the licensee.
4. The full version license applies only to the software for which it was registered and is not limited.
5. The full version license is valid for the main version of the software ( "major release", i.e. for the first version number divided into several sections, eg: "v1.xx", "v2.xx", etc. ), and their subnumbers and build numbers. - If within 30 days after purchasing a new major release of the licensed product is available, the licensee has the right to get a free upgrade to the newer version of this software. The license is then valid for the newer product.
6. The licensee has no right to be cared for an update by GaCaS Software, since for this the outstanding shareware versions are used. However GaCaS software will always ensure that the latest version of the software is downloadable via Internet (http://www.gacas.de).
7. Update-/upgrade costs incurred by the licensee, are the cost of purchasing the shareware version that can be used as an update/upgrade. These are for example the cost of download (telephone line fees, etc.) or the cost of the shareware version (copying costs, etc. from a dealer, cost of a shareware CD-ROM, etc.). The cost of freedom of the updates/upgrades for the licensee refers only to the validity of the license for the new version, but not to the provision or purchase the shareware version that can be used as an update/upgrade.
8. The software can be freely copied and distributed as shareware, where are observed the following provisions:
a) No file can be changed in the content in any way.
b) It must be clear in passing that it is a test- or shareware version.
9. It is prohibited to the full version license, or belonging to a full version license data to sell, rent, give away, lend, distribute or otherwise make public or allow third parties access to the license documents.
10. Permission is granted to transfer the rights to this contract to third parties, provided that the third party agrees in writing agree to abide by the contractual terms. In such a case, remove the software from the respective personal computer. Transmit the activation data to GaCaS Software. - Any copies of this data must be destroyed and can no longer be used. Also send the postal address of the third party and a document from which the transfer is evident by the licensee and signed by third party to resolve the activation data. Then a free transfer of the license data is possible.
III. No further Legal Claims
GaCaS Software, Gabriele and Carsten Stratz GbR, are both authors and owners of the software, and algorithms used in this software and procedures. GaCaS Software reserves the rights and property interest in the software. You acknowledge that the licenses granted above are not selling the software and the above-mentioned agreement will be granted in respect of the software is not entitled to trademark, trade secret, patent or other rights. You agree to keep confidential the Software and to take adequate steps to prevent unauthorized activation and notification.
IV. Disclaimer Statement
By extent permission of law, nor GaCaS Software or distributor is liable under any circumstances for any damages resulting from lost profits, business interruption, loss of data, for damage to hardware or other damages of any kind arising from the use of this software or from the fact that they do not use may be arising, even if GaCaS Software or the traders were informed about the possibility of such damages. In any case, the entire liability on the part GaCaS software or the dealer is under any provision limited to the amount that was actually paid by you for this software. GaCaS Software is not liable for damage unless that damage by intent or gross negligence on the part GaCaS Software has been caused. With traders, the liability for gross negligence is excluded.
Any liability for consequential damages is excluded.
GaCaS Software assumes no liability for the accuracy of the software. In particular GaCaS software does not warrant that the software requirements and purposes of the purchaser, or together with other programs chosen. Responsibility for the correct selection and the consequences of using the software, as well as the intended or achieved results, the user is only by himself.
VI. Application of Law
This contract is subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany and is applied as if the relevant transactions were taking place in the Federal Republic of Germany. Jurisdiction is the seat of GaCaS software, Gabriele and Carsten Stratz GbR: Dortmund, Germany.
GaCaS software has the right to terminate the contract and license rights immediately if you fail to comply with the provisions of this contract.
BY USING THE SOFTWARE YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT IT IS THE COMPLETE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND GaCaS SOFTWARE REPLACING ALL PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS BETWEEN YOU AND GaCaS SOFTWARE, AS IN WRITTEN OR ORAL FORM, OR OTHERWISE.